Digital Surge offers a convenient and cheap way to store, buy and sell cryptocurrency. The platform is majorly based on simplicity, making cryptocurrency easily accessible and understandable even for beginners.
We recommend Digital Surge to sign up click here.
This platform is the best alternative for traders of all levels because it offers excellent customer service, affordable fees, and competitive spreads. This post is a review of the details you need to know about Digital Surge.
What is Digital Surge?
Digital Surge is a cryptocurrency exchange company based in Australia.
It is designed to be user-friendly—users can easily deposit Australian dollars(AUD) and make purchases from a wide range of cryptocurrencies (more than 270).
Understanding Digital Surge
Digital Surge is an Australian cryptocurrency exchange with a straightforward user interface for buying and selling Bitcoins. The main priority of the platform is to create a seamless and detailed trading experience for users. It was founded in 2017 by Dan Rutter and Josh Lehman, and it is based in Brisbane.
Both Rutter and Lehman have been in the sector of financial technology for over ten years. Their experience and prowess are evident in the exchange, which is now among the largest cryptocurrency exchanges in Australia.
The main idea behind Digital Surge was to come up with an ecosystem in which users can trade and access cryptocurrencies regularly.
The team at Digital Surge aims to create a digital community that is transparent and trustworthy. They have organised and participated in several community events to generate awareness of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and use them.
This platform has also gained many clients’ trust since it provides esteemed trading and standard customer service. Digital Surge offers economical proceedings—minimal deposit, withdrawal and trading fee.
How Does Digital Surge Work?
Since Digital Surge is a crypto trading site, it leverages fundamental concepts. It provides an ideal ecosystem where users can invest in tokens and altcoins. Payments are made via AUD, and users can buy more than 200 cryptocurrencies.
When users begin investing money in the Bitcoin exchange, it instantly becomes available to invest. Users can keep their financial outcomes in an independent reserve after the purchase. Meanwhile, they will be able to accept crypto payments from any external wallet.
A selling option is also available—traders can use it to earn a profit trade on their crypto belongings. Digital Surge is the best platform to sell or buy cryptocurrencies in Australia if you’re interested in crypto investing.
Is Digital Surge Safe?
Digital Surge is a licensed Bitcoin exchange regulated by AUSTRAC, a body responsible for detecting and preventing fraud and criminal abuse in the crypto market. Therefore, AUSTRAC protects the Digital Surge community from organised crime—meaning that safety is guaranteed.
According to the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act passed in 2006, platforms like Digital Surge should gather the necessary data to establish the identities of users, overview trades, and report suspicious activities to AUSTRAC.
The Bitcoin Exchange keenly monitors transactions involving the movement of funds above $10,000. With the esteemed security measures in place, incidents of fraud, breaches or theft are unheard.
Why Should I Choose Digital Surge?
Today, every exchange prides itself on being the best—it’s practical to ask why you should opt for Digital Surge. One reason is insufficient to rule out all other exchanges, though Digital Surge excels in several markets.
The platform is designed to accommodate beginners as it offers a simplified trading experience to them.
Besides that, the following are other perks offered by Digital Surge:
- Users can trade in fiat currency.
- 200+ cryptos are available.
- The identity verification process is quick.
- Competitive spreads, low trading fees, and trading pairs
- Flawless KYC verification for traders.
- Users can use Bitcoins to pay bills.
- Personal, secure and free digital wallet services.
- It applies two-factor authentication.
- Internet popularity with positive feedback.
- Hot or cold storage to support an independent reserve of cryptocurrencies.
- Purchase cryptos via the spot market.
- Straightforward and pleasurable to trade cryptocurrencies.
- Instant deposits (AUD) via POLi payments or PayID.
- Free buying and selling of Bitcoins on the website, depending on the method used.
- Affiliation program accessible.
- Satisfies all liquidity needs.
- Responsive, customised and proactive customer support.
- Quick to withdrawals and price alerts.
- Expert advice and extra education tools are available to teach clients the basics of trading cryptocurrency.
- Stores users funds in offline cold storage for security purposes.
- User-convenient interface ideal for regular use by new traders.
How Do I Create an Account on Digital Surge?
Creating an account is a fundamental part of Digital Surge as it grants you the opportunity to engage in quick trades and gain considerable profits. The perks are boosted if the client completes the instant account verification process.
Below is a step-by-step guide for Digital Surge account opening and verification process:
Account Creation Process
- Go to the Digital Surge official website.
- Click on the “Get Started” option.
- You can choose to make a new account or sign up using Facebook.
- Fill in your details—password and email address.
- Submit the affiliate code and read through the terms and conditions.
- Click the “Create your account” button.
- Once the screen completes loading, you will receive a verification code in your email from the Australia crypto exchange.
- Complete the process by confirming the email.
- After email address verification, select “Verify Your Account”.
- Read the on-screen instructions.
- Have your passport and driver’s license on standby.
- Allow camera access to the website and finish the face recognition step.
- The platform will assess the request after you submit the documents.
- You will receive an email when the verification process completes.
Digital Surge Fees
The low fee structure is one of the reasons why Digital Surge is extremely popular. Other exchanges have three types of fees:
- Deposit fees
- Withdrawal fees
- Trading fees
Digital Surge has no minimum deposit limit for clients. No fee is charged on any deposits made via PayID, but a $2-$3.30 when you make payments through POLi.
There are no charges for AUD withdrawals, and in case there are, you will have to pay a blockchain transaction fee.
The charges are calculated as per the client’s 30-day trade volume. The least charges are 0.1%, and that’s for trading volume below $1,500,000. Additionally, the charges increase with a decrease in trading volume and are modified after every 4 hours. That said, below is an overview of the charges:
- 0.5% if the traded volume is under $100,000.
- 0.4% if the traded volume is under $250,000.
- 0.3% if the traded volume is under $500,000.
- 0.2% if the traded volume is under $1,000,000.
- 0.1% if users trade high volumes (above $1,000,000).
However, users should take note of the following:
- You can only use the PayID payment method with your bank account.
- The daily deposit limit for the POLi payment method is $1,000.
The Bitcoin exchange is trying to minimize the charges and is proactively working on new features and feedback to help traders withdraw funds instantly.
The payment options on Digital Surge are limited as they do not allow payments to be made using credit and debit cards. Digital surge is also incompatible with most e-wallets such as cash investment and Paypal.
The popular methods used to deposit funds on digital surge include:
- Fiat deposits via POLi payments and PayID
- Digital currency deposits
Payments made through fiat deposits reflect instantly, while deposits made through bank transfer take 1-2 days for the payment to reflect.
Buying & Selling at Digital Surge
On the trading section of the Bitcoin exchange, customers have two options.
- Markets is the first option, and it allows users to trade bitcoin or ethereum with other users.
- The second option is Buy and Sell, which offers an immediate buying experience.
The charges when you trade with the instant option on other exchange platforms are usually higher. This is not the case with the instant buy and sell option on Digital Surge, as they have a constant fee of 0.5%.
The fee charged is the same whether you trade with markets or instant buy or sell, depending on the spreads and volume traded.
Therefore, traders should trade using the instant option since it has a higher trading volume than markets.
Investors can choose from various digital currencies such as bitcoin since the website acts as a PWA, and there is no limit on orders.
Trading is simplified for every user since they have uniquely easy buy and sell functionalities. The digital surge platform is among the digital currency exchange platforms which have helped the industry become mainstream by showing utmost faith in the concept and surge of digital currency.
Digital Surge Interface
Digital Surge has one of the best user interfaces—with the dashboard detailed to facilitate a seamless trading experience.
Entire user portfolios are displayed on the screen — exchange rates, the performance of top gainers and prices.
To get a detailed review of any coin, just tap on the coin of interest. Doing so gives you information on the trading volume and a live chat option, thus helping you complete any transactions easily.
Security of Digital Surge
User privacy is guaranteed at Digital Surge as they have sophisticated safety technology protocols coupled with two-factor authentication (2FA).
In addition, Digital Surge also uses a hot and cold digital surge wallet which ensures your digital currency is safe.
Ever since Digital Surge was established, there have been no reports of user data theft or breaches proving that the security measures are effective.
Digital Surge Customer Support
The customer support at Digital Surge is one of the best in Australia. They are highly responsive and can be reached through live chat or email in case of any issue.
The platform also has Bitcoin PayWizard, which customers can use to learn about trading and getting started.
Lastly, there’s a section on frequently asked questions which helps minimise traffic on live support.
With all these measures to support customers, it’s no wonder they have great reviews. Digital Surge is rated 4 out of 5 stars on TrustPilot.
Here is a list of coins that users can trade using AUD on the platform:
- Ripple (XRP)
- Stellar Lumens (XLM)
- Algorand (ALGO)
- Cardano (ADA)
- Basic Attention Token (BAT)
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Theta (THETA)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Ethereum (ETH)
Digital Surge supports over 250 other coins aside from those listed above. Digital Surge does not own any coins.
You Can Now Use Crypto For Bill Payment
Paying bills with digital currency is not something new on Digital Surge. You can pay any credit card or Australian account using Bitcoin, provided you have a BPAY bill number.
- The user interface is ideal for beginners as it is intuitive and straightforward.
- The charges are low, and they have a well laid out fee structure.
- Creating an account to begin investing is fast.
- You can access repeat purchases, price notifications and trigger orders.
- Readily available customer service support with an estimated response time of 1 minute.
- You can trade a wide range of cryptocurrencies, including most of the popular altcoins.
- Fiat deposits can only be made in AUD, making it convenient for many Australians.
- You cannot fund your account using credit cards.
- Only BTC-AUD and ETH-AUD spot markets are available.
- For trades of $250,000 and above, OTC trading is available on request.
There are many other exchange platforms with features similar to Digital Surge and others with additional features. Here are some international and Australian alternatives to Digital Surge.
- Coinspot. The Australian based platform has over one million users trading over 300 cryptocurrencies.
- Swyftx. An Australian based exchange platform that offers a demo account to help users practise trading. Tax compliance is easy when using Swyftx, as full reports are usually generated.
- CoinJar. An Australian based cryptocurrency exchange platform that is AUSTRAC regulated. You can buy in local currency using a physical and virtual debit card.
- Independent Reserve. A crypto exchange platform based in Sydney that has over 200,000 users.
- BTC Markets. One of the pioneer crypto exchange platforms in Australia which offer staking.
- Cointree. An exchange platform that is owned and operated in Australia. On this platform, you can pay bills using crypto and follow and invest in portfolios.
- Binance. You can trade many digital currencies, altcoins, stablecoins, DeFi tokens and NFTs on this platform.
- Coinbase. This is a popular, battle-hardened crypto trading platform. However, they do not have a clearly defined fee structure.
Digital Surge is a digital currency platform based in Brisbane founded in 2017 by Dan Rutter and Josh Lehman. The platform is relatively new and has a user-friendly interface to trade over 200 cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin.
The platform is ideal for new and seasoned crypto traders. This crypto platform stands out from many cryptocurrency platforms owing to the ease of trading Bitcoin.
Furthermore, Digital Surge has established itself as one of the leading crypto exchange platforms to build a seamless crypto community.
The platform has responsive customer care support, which users can reach through live chat and email. Users also get a digital wallet to store their digital currency. If you are looking to spend money on markets and earn a profit, Digital Surge is the place to be.